First, the recipe, then the giveaway 🙂
These were a very tasty twist on chicken nuggets! I used the panko crumbs that MyBlogSpark was kind enough to send to me as part of a gift package (the very same gift package I’ll be giving away to you at the end of this post!).
In general, I’m not much of a fan of panko. I feel like people talk it up like it’s this “wonder crumb” and it’s not. BUT, it really worked well on these nuggets.
The nuggest themselves don’t appear all that special on their own — but pair them with a sweet honey mustard, or a good BBQ sauce, and the underlying honey flavor really comes out!
The leftovers also re-heat really well for lunches 🙂
Oven-Fried Honey Chicken Nuggets
(Macaroni and Cheesecake)
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs (Panko if you have it)
Olive Oil cooking spray
1 lb. fresh boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
– Preheat oven to 375°F.
– Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil-lined baking pan (large enough to hold all chicken pieces in one layer)
– In shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar. Set aside.
– Place bread crumbs in a small saute pan and toast lightly over low heat for about 3-4 minutes until lightly golden brown.
– Pour bread crumbs a little at a time into separated bowl.
– Roll chicken pieces in honey mixture, then in bread crumbs; place in pan.
– Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
Now the giveaway!
As I mentioned above, MyBlogSpark sent me a free gift pack of Progresso products to use, and also one gift pack to share with my readers. I used the panko from my gift pack for the recipe above, and used the broth a week later for homemade chicken noodle soup — which was also delicious! If you’re looking for creative ways to use your gift pack, try out www.progressofoods.com
To Enter: Leave a comment on this post either about how you like to use panko, or how you make home entertaining easier on yourself (tips, tricks, or even dishes you serve that make it easier!)
Winner will be announced on Saturday, November 14th. Entries must be received by Friday, November 13th, 10pm EST.