Everybody’s got their own way of making these, but since I tried a new meatball recipe I figured I’d post it.
This meatball recipe was good, but I’ve had others that are better — I guess I need to start asking family/friends for their meatball recipes!
My family meatball recipe is super-simple, and I was looking for something with more spice and flavor. These were quite tasty — just not quite what I was looking for.
(I served them with 2 jarred sauces b/c I was lazy — 1 marinara and 1 garden style — and shredded provolone/mozzerella mix)
1 pound ground beef
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
2 tablespoons tomato paste (I omitted b/c I didn’t have any)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– Mix all of the above together
– Form into 2″ balls with your hands
– Dredge meatballs in 1/2 cup flour (I omitted this step)
– In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoon olive oil
– Brown meatballs in batches, then place on cookie sheets and place in a 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking
– Add to sauce
Altered version: For my meatball subs today, I followed the above directions, but then added my meatballs and sauce to my crockpot and placed them on low for a little while (so the tomato flavor would get into the meatballs). Then I moved them to low and left them available for football all afternoon.