No pictures, and no taste-reviews yet, but I just wanted to post that I received my YouBar samples!
Archive for July, 2008
Well — mine aren’t shells, but they are creamy and cheesy! DH is always requesting a “creamier” mac and cheese when I make baked… so I thought this time I’d make stove-top style mac and cheese with a little velveeta to make it creamy.
1/4 cup soft shortening (I used butter)
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup mashed bananas (I used about 3 bananas)
3 tablespoons sour milk/buttermilk (I used regular milk today and it was fine)
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
– Mix together shortening and sugar
– Add egg, mashed bananas, and buttermilk
– Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
– For 1 loaf of banana bread: generously grease a bread pan (grandma’s directions say to then line the loaf pan with two-thickness of wax paper, and grease the wax paper.) Add batter. Bake 1 hour (start checking it at about 50 minutes)
– For 12 muffins: line muffin tin with paper liners, or, grease generously. Load tins with batter and bake for 25-30 minutes.
I sprinkled mine with a little bit of large-granule sugar to make them pretty