Archive for the ‘muffins’ Category
pinch ground cardamom (I omitted)
– Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut.
_uacct = “UA-4592782-1”;
When I saw this recipe on BrownEyedChef’s blog, I knew I had to try it. I’m batty for blueberry muffins, and I am continuing my quest to find the perfect one.
This muffin was VERY VERY close to perfect…I think my only real problem with it was the crumble mixture on top — mine didn’t crumble…and it had some issues. Or rather, I had issues with it (I think I just let my butter get too soft before I made the crumble mix)
I think next time I’ll just sprinkle with some large-granule sugar, and call it deliciousness. But, in the interest of the perfectionist that I am, I’ll continue trying blueberry muffin recipes to find the “perfect” one!
Apologies for the bad image — I was in a hurry on Sunday, and I knew if I didn’t get a picture right out of the oven that DH would have them all eaten before I could try.
Apparently, in addition to walking away from my butter and letting it get warm, I also had uneven muffins. Bah. Who cares, they taste good. 🙂
To Die For Blueberry Muffins
(Serves 8 according to BrownEyedChef — I got 9)
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
– Grease muffin cups or line with baking cups
– Combine 1.5 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder
– Place vegetable oilin a 1-cup measuring cup, add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup (1/3 cup milk)
– Mix the wet mixture into the flour mixture
– Fold in blueberries
– Fill muffin cups right to the top and sprinkle with crumb topping
Crumble Topping Directions
– Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
– Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking
– Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly golden brown