I made these tasty little buggers as a result of my no-heat jalapeno plants in my garden producing like crazy!
Hubs and I both really loved these – I left the original recipe’s BBQ sauce out, and I’m glad I did…we didn’t find it was needed!
And, of course….everything’s better with bacon and cheese
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
20 fresh jalapenos, cut in half and seeded
2 blocks of cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound bacon, cut into thirds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese
- Spread some of the cheese mixture in each jalapeno half
- Wrap each piece with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick
- Brush with BBQ sauce, and place on a baking sheet lined with foil
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until bacon is nicely browned