DH and I LOVED this recipe, and it makes so much food we had it for 2 dinners, and a couple of lunches! It actually re-heats really well — better than regular lasagna!
I made it as a weeknight meal, so it’s pretty quick as well.
Our only complaint is we’d like more spinach — next time I’ll make it with fresh, chopped spinach so I can add as much as I want!
Skillet Noodle Lasagna
1/2 lb pasta, any size/shape you prefer (I used shells)
1 container (1 lb) cottage cheese
1 10 oz package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1 lb ground meat (I used beef)
Pepper, oregano and garlic powder to taste
1 large 32 ou jar pasta sauce
1 package (8 oz) shredded cheese (I used mozzarella/provolone mix)
1/4 c grated Parmesan
– In a large skillet (12″ and probably somewith with high sides, as this layers up quickly) cook your ground meat, drain any fat and season to taste with black pepper, oregano and garlic powder.
– When done, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
– Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
– Meanwhile – combine the cottage cheese and creamed spinach in a bowl.
– In the skillet, spread a layer of pasta sauce, about one cup, over the bottom.
– Top with about 1/3 of the noodles, then layer in your meat, and then top with another 1/3 of your noodles.
– Top those with 1/2 of the remaining pasta sauce, then add your cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 of the package of shredded cheese.
– Finally add on your remaining noodles followed by the remaining sauce.
– Cover skillet and turn to high heat and bring to a rapid simmer.
– Reduce to medium heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
– Sprinkle on your remaining shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese.
– Replace cover and simmer for another 2 minutes.
– Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes.